Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Books Read in 2007

1. The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield
2. Designing a Photograph: Visual Techniques for Making Your Photographs Work, by Bill Smith
3. I, Coriander, by Sally Gardner
4. The Deer on a Bicycle: Excursions into the Writing of Humor, by Patrick McManus
5. To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis
6. The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
7. The New Dare to Discipline, by Dr. James Dobson
8. Peter Pan in Scarlet, by Geraldine McCaughrean
9. That Hideous Strength, by C.S. Lewis
10. The Dark Tower and Other Stories, by C.S. Lewis
11. The Memory Book, by Penelope Stokes
12. The Looking Glass Wars, by Frank Beddor
13. If Life is a Bowl of a Cherries - What am I Doing in the Pits?, by Erma Bombeck
14. Understanding Exposure, by Bryan Peterson
15. Enchantment, by Orson Scott Card
16. Lies Women Believe, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
17. Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil Postman;
18. Danger in the Shadows, by Dee Henderson
19. A Woman's Place, by Lynn Austin
20. Esther: A Woman of Strength and Dignity, by Chuck Swindoll
21. Esther (Bible)
22. Eats, Shoots & Leaves, by Lynn Truss
23. A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
24. A Town Like Alice, by Nevil Shute
25. Safely Home, by Randy Alcorn
26. Marley and Me, by John Grogan
27. Tuesdays With Morrie, by Mitch Albom
28. The Holy Spirit, by Billy Graham
29. Lost Horizon, by James Hilton
30. The Mother-Daughter Book Club, by Shireen Dodson
31. Two Hearts Praying as One, by Dennis & Barbara Rainey
32. The Book of the Dun Cow, by Walter Wangerin, Jr.
33. The Mysterious Affair at Styles, by Agatha Christie
34. Psmith in the City, by P.G. Wodehouse
35. Rumpole of the Bailey, by John Mortimer
36. Daniel (Bible)
37. In This Mountain, by Jan Karon
38. The Blight Way, by Patrick McManus
39. Shepherds Abiding, by Jan Karon
40. Swiss Family Robinson, by Johann Wyss, et al
41. Light from Heaven, by Jan Karon
42. I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith
43. Soon to be a Major Motion Picture, by Donna Partow
44. Seeing Redd, by Frank Beddor
45. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll (reread)
46. Battlefield of the Mind, by Joyce Meyer
47. Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson
48. My Friend Flicka, by Mary O'Hara
49. Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Patterson
50. Austenland, by Shannon Hale
51. Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery (re-read)
52. Authentic Beauty, by Leslie Ludy
53. Jack: A Life of C.S. Lewis, by George Sayer
54. A Wrinkle in Time, by Mdeleine L'Engle
55. Talk to the Hand, by Lynn Truss
56. Bold Love, by Drs. Allender & Longman III
57. In Search of Eden, by Linda Nichols
58. In Grandma's Attic, by Arleta Richardson (re-read)
59. The Complete Guide to Professional Wedding Photography, by Damien Lovegrove
60. Hello, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, by Betty MacDonald
61. The Complete Fairy Tales of George MacDonald, by George MacDonald
62. Grimms' Fairy Tales
63. Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo
64. Swordbird, by Nancy Yi Fan
65. A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens
66. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
67. God's Smuggler, by Brother Andrew
68. At Home in Holly Springs, by Jan Karon
69. Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe
70. Mary Poppins, by P.L. Travers

8 comments:

Stejahen said...

Heh, have you and Christopher always done this?

Carrie said...

Always kept a list? I'm not sure if Christopher does (I'd bet). I confess I pieced together a list of all the books I can ever remember reading. (How insane is that?) But last year was the first year I officially began keeping track as I went along!

Stejahen said...

Heh, yeah he's been doing that as long as I've known him I think.

Ms. Kathleen said...

That is quite a varied list of books. You are so be congratulated on your reading endeavors.

I haven't read Bombeck in years but recall that she was very funny. My reading list is posted on my sidebar but I need to update it a bit.

Have a great day!

Annie said...

you should rate them for us. you know....one to five asterisks. come on.....paleeze!

Carrie said...

A rating system . . . hmmmmm (I ponder, I think). Well, for now you just get the link to the book review that I did of it(per Stejahen's suggestion to me) and that'll tell you what I thought of it. However, a rating system might be kind of fun. Let me think on that.

Anonymous said...

Recommendation:

Terry Pratchett...discworld series. Any of the books are good, but I like his latest batch "the Wee Free Men"

Mr. Nauton said...

very impressive list... I just finished #12 and now need to grab #44! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!